Incoming and current students interested in additional scholarships at Boise State should complete the checklists found below. Notification of awards will begin in mid-March. Please refer to our Idaho Resident and Non-Resident Scholarship pages for information on these awards.
CURRENT STUDENT CHECKLIST
- Submit FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by March 15th to be considered for need-based scholarships.
- Submit Boise State Scholarship Application by March 15th
- Apply for department/college scholarships, Honors College scholarships, and Alumni Legacy scholarships as your eligibility allows. Find additional information on these scholarships below.
- Apply for the State of Idaho scholarships if you are an Idaho resident.
- Complete the Boise State Foundation Scholarship Application!
- Apply for Private Scholarships.
Specialized Student Groups
We have a few scholarship programs available to a select group of Boise State students. Please read the information below for instructions on those programs.
Alumni Legacy Scholars
- The Alumni Legacy Scholarship is a four year, renewable scholarship available to the relative of a Boise State alum. The relative of the applicant must also be a current dues-paying member of the Alumni Association. This scholarship is only available to incoming freshmen. The scholarship amount is equal to in-state fees during the fall and spring semesters.
- The Alumni Legacy Stipend Scholarship is a separate award that is awarded to four students each year — one from East Idaho, North Idaho, South Central Idaho, and the Treasure Valley area. This scholarship is only available to sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Applicants must be a relative of an alum.
- To apply for either of these scholarships please complete the Boise State Scholarship Application. Application deadline is February 15th for new students and March 15th for continuing Boise State students.
- All applicants who are admitted to the Honors College are automatically considered for Honors scholarships. The Honors College offers a variety of competitive, merit-based scholarships, including the Brown Honors Scholarship. The Brown Honors Scholarship is Boise State’s premier academic scholarship for incoming freshmen. It includes full tuition plus room and board for four consecutive years. For all scholarships, including the Brown award, selections are based on the quality of your application essay, your scores on standardized tests (ACT or SAT), your cumulative unweighted grade point average, class rank, and extracurricular activities.
National Merit Finalists
- Boise State University was a participant with the National Merit Scholarship program but is no longer recruiting new students for the program. However, Boise State supports and promotes National Merit Finalists on our campus via our general scholarship program. You should review the “How to Apply” checklist (listed above) to see how you may be eligible for scholarship consideration.
- If you are an Idaho junior in high school who has distinguished yourself by ranking in the top 10% of your high school class, the Boise State Capital Scholars program would like to recognize your scholastic achievement. You and your guests are invited to attend a special program on campus to reward your academic success with a one-time $500 textbook scholarship. If you are eligible you will be invited to attend the Capital Scholars program in the spring. If you have additional questions, please contact Kristin Engelund in the Admissions Office at 426-1191.