Boise State will award you the maximum aid for which you are eligible. You are notified via email when your aid is ready to accept. You’re free to accept or decline the aid that is best for you.
Before You Accept Aid
We encourage you to borrow responsibly and only accept what you need. Before accepting aid, take the following steps:
- Use the Bottom Line Estimator to calculate what you may owe for the semester.
- Understand the Terms and Conditions of accepting aid.
- Understand the loan repayment process.
How to Accept, Decline or Reduce Your Aid
To avoid disbursement delays, accept your aid as soon as possible. Loans must be disbursed (released) prior to the last day of the semester.
- All loans, work-study, and most scholarships must be accepted in your Student Center.
- Grants are automatically accepted on your behalf.
- Most aid is offered for the full academic year, but split between fall and spring semesters. Accept the amount you need for both semesters.
- Log in to my.BoiseState.edu
- Check your internet settings to allow pop-up screens
- Select Student Center (below BroncoMail)
- Select the Student Honepage tile
- Select the Financial Aid tile
- Select the appropriate Aid Year
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Accept/Decline Awards”
- Follow the directions on the award package screen. Each award is hyperlinked so you can see information regarding eligibility for that award.
- To accept all of an award, check the “Accept” checkbox.
- You can reduce the amount of your award by clicking “Accept”, then the “Update Totals” button, and entering a dollar amount.
- Click “Submit” to record your final decision(s).
- For subsidized and unsubsidized student loans, you may delay your decision by not checking any box. If you decide later that you want some or all of the loans, return to this screen to accept.
- If you want more or less in loans for spring semester, request that adjustment during fall semester and prior to the disbursement of spring aid.
- When accepting your aid in the fall, it will typically be split between the fall and spring semesters
- If you will be attending for only one term, contact the Financial Aid Office to request an adjustment to your loans.