The academic departments and colleges at Boise State also offer scholarships. Each academic division is responsible for separate awards. If you see your department listed below, please be sure you complete their separate application for scholarship eligibility. If you do not see your academic department below, no application is necessary. Scholarships will be awarded based upon admissions information and current Boise State academic performance.
Note: Not all departments/colleges award to first year students.
- Anthropology Scholarships
- Art Scholarships
- Biology Scholarships
- Communication Scholarships
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Scholarships
- English Scholarships
- Gender Studies Scholarships
- Geosciences Scholarships
- History Scholarships
- Mathematics Scholarships
- Music Scholarships
- Multidisciplinary Studies Scholarships
- Philosophy Scholarships
- Physics Scholarships
- Psychology Scholarships
- Sociology Scholarships
- Keith Stein Blue Thunder Marching Band Scholarship Requirements
- Theatre Arts Scholarships
- World Languages Scholarships
- Community and Environmental Health
- Kinesiology Scholarships
- Nursing – The Nursing Scholarship applications are located in Blackboard under the School of Nursing (for undergraduate) and The Nurse’s Station (for RN-BS fully online) under “Scholarships” for students who are currently enrolled in the nursing program. The applications will be available in January.Criteria for undergraduate on campus nursing students:
-Starting as a 5th semester student in spring or fall semester
-Continuing students for the 6th, 7th, and 8th semesters
-The application will be posted in Blackboard in January
- Radiologic Sciences Scholarships
- Respiratory Care
- Social Work Scholarships
- Graduate Programs
We have a few scholarship programs available to a select group of Boise State students. Please read the information below for instructions on those programs.
- All applicants who are admitted to the Honors College are automatically considered for Honors scholarships, including the Brown Honors Scholarship. While the selection criteria and the amounts of these scholarships vary, they all are awarded on the basis of academic merit and participation in the Boise State and Honors communities. Assistance based on financial need is awarded through the Boise State University Financial Aid Office.
- Incoming freshmen and transfer students, as well as continuing Boise State students who are seeking new admission to the College, must apply to the Honors College before February 15th to be considered for Honors scholarships.
- Continuing Boise State students who are already enrolled in the Honors College must indicate their desire to be considered for Honors scholarships by contacting the College directly prior to March 1st.
Alumni Legacy Scholars
- The Alumni Legacy Scholarship is a four year, renewable scholarship available to the relative of a Boise State alum. The relative of the applicant must also be a current dues-paying member of the Alumni Association. This scholarship is only available to incoming freshmen. The scholarship amount is equal to in-state fees during the fall and spring semesters.
- The Alumni Legacy Stipend Scholarship is a separate award that is awarded to four students each year — one from East Idaho, North Idaho, South Central Idaho, and the Treasure Valley area. This scholarship is only available to sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Applicants must be a relative of an alum.
- To apply for either of these scholarships please complete the Boise State Scholarship Application. Application deadline is February 15th.