Below you will find a list of current local and state private scholarships with online applications. New scholarships are added as we become aware of them. Check this site frequently. Boise State University does not endorse any specific web site and is not responsible for the content on the various web sites. We ask national companies and organizations to register with a national scholarship search website.
We also list information on the bulletin board outside of the Financial Aid Office, Room 113 in the Administration Building.
|Scholarship Name||Due Date|
|Boise State Foundation Scholarships– The Boise State Foundation administers 37 scholarships through this website. Each has its own eligibility criteria, application requirements, and review process. Please visit their website to learn more about the criteria.||March 15, 2019, Scholarships have been awarded for 2019-20|
|Boise State Horatio Alger Scholarship– The Horatio Alger Boise State University Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to students currently in their freshman year at Boise State University who have exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity. Each year seven scholarships, valued at $10,000 each, will be awarded to deserving students at Boise State||March 15, 2019|
|Honeywell Horatio Alger Scholarship– The Horatio Alger Honeywell Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to students who are pursuing degrees in the fields of science, technology, engineering or math (STEM). Each year ten scholarships, valued at $10,000 each, will be awarded to deserving students from Honeywell Partner Schools or Horatio Alger Collegiate Partner institutions||March 15, 2019|
|Idaho Community Foundation– ICF manages over 70 different scholarship funds – each customized according to the desires of the fund creator. Each has its own eligibility criteria, application requirements, and review process. Many have their own applications, deadlines, and eligibility requirements. Please visit their website and click on the name of each fund to learn more about the criteria and how to apply.||Varies|
|The Lightfoot Foundation Scholarship. The Lightfoot Foundation is a non-profit organization helping Treasure Valley students wishing to further their education. Their scholarship application is open from 3/1 to 4/15 annually. Please visit the Lightfoot Foundation website at http://lightfootfoundation.com/ to apply.||April 15, 2019|
|Course Hero Scholarships- $1,000-$10,000||Monthly Awards|
|ACE Salute You Scholarship||Varies|
|Crush the LSAT Scholarship-$574||Varies|
|Crush the GRE Scholarship-$559||Varies|
|Paul O’Reilly-Hyland Scholarship||Varies|
|Joelle Wyser-Pratte Scholarship||Varies|
|Odgen O’Reilly-Hyland Scholarship||Varies|
|American Indian Services||Varies|
|Department of Homeland Security Education Programs||Varies|
|Fulbright Scholar Program||Varies|
|Health Administration Scholarships||Varies|
|Hispanic Scholarship Fund||Varies|
|Idaho STARS Academic Scholarship for Early Childhood Professionals||Varies|
|Inland Northwest Community Foundation||Varies|
|National Society of Professional Engineers Educational Foundation||Varies|
|National Research Council of the National Academies Research Programs||Varies|
|National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF)||Varies|
|National Society of Collegiate Scholars||Varies|
|National Society Daughters of the American Revolution||Varies|
|PEO International Programs Education||Varies|
|Phi Beta Kappa Society||Varies|
|Union Plus Scholarship||Varies|
|Walmart Foundation Scholarship Programs||Varies|
|Private Scholarships for Women||Varies|
A variety of free national scholarship search programs and websites can assist students in locating additional scholarship sources. The list below is a sampling of some of those sites that provide scholarship information. Boise State University does not endorse any specific web site and is not responsible for the content on the various web sites.
Please keep in mind that there are also many scholarship searches that will charge students a fee. Some of these services may be scams. If the guarantee or offer is too good to be true, it probably is. We strongly encourage students to review the Smart Guide to Financial Aid before they start their search.
- Careers and Colleges – With over 200,000 scholarship awards in their database, students are sure to come up a winner! Absolutely Scholarships allows students to search across two of the most comprehensive scholarship databases available.
- CampusRN Scholarship Fund – CampusRN has launched a new scholarship program in conjunction with the creation of the CampusRN state edition network. This nationwide scholarship program is the most comprehensive of its kind for nursing programs and nursing students because it features scholarship winners from six different regions across the country in which CampusRN has launched state edition sites. CampusRN will award six $2500 scholarships to a needy and deserving nursing student in each region.
- CollegeBoard – The College Board’s guidance software, ExPAN, can help students find the money they need by matching their goals, hobbies, interests and background with scholarship opportunities.
- College Connection Scholarships – New scholarships are posted monthly. This free quality information includes all of the details students need to apply now, including eligibility requirements, deadlines, amounts, contact name, address, phone number and web site of the scholarship sponsor.
- FastWeb -Find money for college. This scholarship service matches student’s personal data with college scholarships — for free!
- International Education Financial Aid – International Education Financial Aid (IEFA) scholarship search is the premier resource for financial aid, college scholarship and grant information for international students wishing to study abroad. At this site, you will find the most comprehensive college scholarship search and grant listings plus international student loan programs and other information to promote study abroad.
- Student Scholarship Search – Student Scholarship Search provides students and parents with a FREE searchable database of college scholarships and grants. No registration required. Scholarships are updated daily.
- Quick Reference Guide on Winning a Scholarship – Here is some practical advice for students on how to win a scholarship. It includes a list of the top twelve tips on winning a scholarship, a list of common scholarship application mistakes, a warning about scholarship scams, and a list of key scholarship resources. It also includes lists of the top ten most unusual scholarships, top ten most prestigious scholarships, top ten most generous scholarships, top ten scholarships for children under age 13, top ten scholarships for community service and top ten scholarships that don’t need an A.
- Scholarships and Grants – Scholarships and Grants provides essential Scholarship and Financial Aid Resources to students preparing for all types of careers. Their database of public and private scholarships and grants is constantly updated. Their informational web site features numerous links to a variety of financial aid opportunities. No matter what your course of study, find financial aid, scholarships, and grants to make your career dream a reality.
- Scholarship.com – Scholarship.com’s search engine matches student’s profile with our database of over 600,000 scholarships, from about 8,000 sources, worth over $1.4 billion- finding the most relevant and obtainable scholarship awards. Search results include an award summary and a custom application request letter.
- ScholarshipExperts.com – ScholarshipExperts.com is a free and trusted scholarship resource that allows students to search for updated and accurate scholarship information. Students and parents who use ScholarshipExperts.com can save time in the scholarship research process, and gain access to customized lists of scholarships that match their student profiles.
- Scholarships4School.com – The purpose of this free web site is to provide students with the tools they need to make informed decisions about obtaining scholarships and other forms of financial aid. Preparing for college is exciting but stressful. Everybody wants to go to college free, but most people don’t know how. Scholarships for school helps answer this question. This one web site gives you an overview of the scholarship process from beginning to end, starting with how to choose a college and finishing with how to keep the scholarship you earn.
- The Scholarship Page – Resources of various scholarships include eligibility requirements and contact information for donors.
Boise State University does not endorse any specific web site and is not responsible for the content on the various web sites.
- AffordableColleges.com Scholarships for Women
- Minority Student Scholarships
- MoneyGeek Scholarships for Women
- Red Kite
- AffordableColleges.org Scholarships for Women
- Scholarships for Social Work Students
- Scholarships for Hispanic and Latino Students
- Scholarships for Minority Students