We have a few scholarship programs available to a select group of Boise State students. Please read the information below for instructions on those programs.
Alumni Legacy Scholars
- The Alumni Legacy Scholarship is a four year, renewable scholarship available to the relative of a Boise State alum. The relative of the applicant must also be a current dues-paying member of the Alumni Association. This scholarship is only available to incoming freshmen. The scholarship amount is equal to in-state fees during the fall and spring semesters.
- The Alumni Legacy Stipend Scholarship is a separate award that is awarded to four students each year — one from East Idaho, North Idaho, South Central Idaho, and the Treasure Valley area. This scholarship is only available to sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Applicants must be a relative of an alum.
- To apply for either of these scholarships please complete the Boise State Scholarship Application. Application deadline is February 15th for new and continuing Boise State students.
- All applicants who are admitted to the Honors College are automatically considered for Honors scholarships, including the Brown Honors Scholarship. While the selection criteria and the amounts of these scholarships vary, they all are awarded on the basis of academic merit and participation in the Boise State and Honors communities. Assistance based on financial need is awarded through the Boise State University Financial Aid Office.
- Incoming freshmen and transfer students, as well as continuing Boise State students who are seeking new admission to the College, must apply to the Honors College before February 15th to be considered for Honors scholarships.
- Continuing Boise State students who are already enrolled in the Honors College must indicate their desire to be considered for Honors scholarships by contacting the College directly prior to March 1st.
National Merit Finalists
- Boise State University was a participant with the National Merit Scholarship program but is no longer recruiting new students for the program. However, Boise State supports and promotes National Merit Finalists on our campus via our general scholarship program. You should review the “How to Apply” checklist to see how you may be eligible for scholarship consideration.
- If you are an Idaho junior in high school who has distinguished yourself by ranking in the top 10% of your high school class, the Boise State Capital Scholars program would like to recognize your scholastic achievement. You and your guests are invited to attend a special program on campus to reward your academic success with a one-time $500 textbook scholarship. If you are eligible you will be invited to attend the Capital Scholars program in the spring. If you have additional questions, please contact Kristin Engelund in the Admissions Office at 426-1191.